1. Information We Collect
We may collect and process the following information about you:
• Personal information including, for example, your name, e-mail address, telephone, location, information about your usage of MindShift and information collected by tracking technologies as further described below that may identify you as an individual or allow online or offline contact with you as an individual.
• Device Information such as operating system version, device type, and system performance information.
2. Confidentiality and Security
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information you submit to us. We use strict internal procedures and technical security features to try to prevent unauthorized access, use or disclosure of your personal information. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us at email@example.com.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to MindShift; any transmission is at your own risk.
3. Email Communication
If you sign up to receive promotional materials from us via email we will use the information you give us to provide the communications you requested.
If you inform us that you wish to cancel email promotional materials by selecting “unsubscribe” at the bottom of such communication or by emailing us firstname.lastname@example.org, we will remove you from our mailing list.
4. Mobile Analytics
We use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our mobile software on your device. This software may record information such as how often you engage with MindShift, the events that occur within MindShift, aggregated usage and performance data, and where MindShift was downloaded from. We may link the information we store within the analytics software to any personal information you submit within the mobile application. The reasons we collect this data include: to understand which parts of the app consumers are using or not using, to be able to understand level of engagement with the app and areas that require improvement or change. As a charity, we provide aggregated and anonymized data to report out to sponsors and/or donors.
5. Where We Store Your Personal Information
6. Protecting Your Password
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of MindShift, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone, and suggest that your change your password frequently. If you have enabled your device to access the app without entering a password, you are also responsible for ensuring your personal information is protected by not allowing others to use your device without your permission.
7. Uses Made of the Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• To ensure that content provided by MindShift is presented in the most effective manner for your mobile device.
• To provide you with information related to MindShift that will facilitate your engagement with the MindShift.
• To provide you with promotional communications, such as email, to the extent that you have provided consent to receive such communications under applicable law.
• To carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us.
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of MindShift, when you choose to do so.
• To notify you about changes to MindShift.
• To understand your broad, non-specific geographic location to help us identify groups of users by general geographic market (such as postal code, province or country).
• We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
8. Disclosure of Your Information
We do not generally disclose your personal information. We do not provide your personal information to any third party without your specific consent, except as permitted by law. For example, we may disclose your personal information to third parties as follows:
• If MindShift’s service providers (like hosting or market analytics) require this information to provide services to Anxiety Canada. Anxiety Canada requires each of its service providers to agree to maintain the confidentiality and security of your personal information to our standards.
• If MindShift or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by us about our users may be transferred.
• If we are under a legal duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation such as to comply with a subpoena, bankruptcy proceedings, similar legal process, or in order to enforce or apply our agreements with you; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of MindShift, our customers, or others.
9. Contact us with Questions
If you have any questions or concerns about your personal information or privacy, you can contact us at email@example.com.